Schools Mini-Olympics Competition
The Mendip Junior Schools Mini-Olympics
Competition has been up and running since the mid 1990's and provides the
first taste ofTrack and Field Athletics for many of the area's children.
Last year over 300 children from 15 schools took part in the Competition.
Since it's beginnings Mendip District Council have provided much needed
sponsorship that enables the event to operate to the high standard that
the local children have come to expect. Many of the leading children have
gone on to perform well at the highest level.
To download an information pack please CLICK
- Four Race Categories: Lower
School (years 3&4) Girls and Boys; Upper School (years 5&6)
Girls and Boys
- ONE athlete per event per school
- Team points are awarded on the basis of
Times/Distances recorded in initial rounds
- For all track events held in heats, the
leading runners will contest a final
- Medals awarded for the winner in event. For
events with finals, winner of final gets medal
- Team award for wining team in each Lower
School and Upper School categories
- Trophy for best overall "Small School"
(with less than 100 pupils)
- 60m / 80m Sprints
- 600m / 800m Distance Race
- Long Jump
- Mini Vortex Howler Throw / Mini-Javelin Throw
- Quoit Throw
- 55m Sprint Hurdles
- Soft Hammer (Upper School Only)
- High Jump (Upper School Only)